I can't believe that we're already on Day 5! We accelerated the wearing schedule just a little bit to build up time faster for two main reasons: 1) Ian seems to be going through a growth spurt and we want the helmet on as much as possible to redirect the growth; and 2) he has been tolerating it so well that it was easy to do.
In general, I keep wondering why it's been so easy for him. The orthodist told us that infants usually adapt fairly quickly and it just becomes part of who they are. I didn't believe him. So, I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop. For him to all of the sudden just start screaming while it's on. Or for him to start pulling and tugging at it. Or not want to sleep, or eat, or play. But none of these things are happening! He's not a big fan of it coming on or off because it doesn't open up quite wide enough on the sides for it to cleanly come over his head. So we have to kind of jimmy it on and off, but otherwise once it's on, he seems FINE with it. He just goes about his business playing and it really doesn't affect him much at all. He's even slept two nights (all night!) in it without any problems. So, I'm now going to stop holding my breath about it, give thanks to God that he's allowed Ian to adapt so well, and move on.
In general, I keep wondering why it's been so easy for him. The orthodist told us that infants usually adapt fairly quickly and it just becomes part of who they are. I didn't believe him. So, I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop. For him to all of the sudden just start screaming while it's on. Or for him to start pulling and tugging at it. Or not want to sleep, or eat, or play. But none of these things are happening! He's not a big fan of it coming on or off because it doesn't open up quite wide enough on the sides for it to cleanly come over his head. So we have to kind of jimmy it on and off, but otherwise once it's on, he seems FINE with it. He just goes about his business playing and it really doesn't affect him much at all. He's even slept two nights (all night!) in it without any problems. So, I'm now going to stop holding my breath about it, give thanks to God that he's allowed Ian to adapt so well, and move on.
Ian went back to school today, and was all ready to have fun in Green Caboose with his awesome shirt on (see pic below). Can he get any cooler?
No comments:
Post a Comment