Welcome!

This blog is to chronicle our journey to treat (and hopefully resolve!) Ian's plagiocephaly. We know, we know: the helmet looks kind of scary and begs a lot of questions. We look forward to sharing with you the good and the bad times (and we know there will be some of each) as we move along this path.

PLEASE stop by often and let us know you're out there with us cheering Ian on by utilizing the "comments" section under each post.

Oh, and by the way, isn't our "plagio prince" just the cutest thing around?

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's just a hat

OK, so in the end it's just a fancy, expensive hat, right? We put hats on our kids to go outside in cold weather or baseball caps on for sports (or just because they're cute). So why is it so hard for us to put this kind of hat on him? Oh yeah, because we CAN'T take it off. When I kept telling myself before this adventure started that this was going to be more traumatic for me than him, I didn't realize how much. It's REALLY hard for me to put it on him. Not just because it doesn't go on very easily or because he's not a big fan of it going on and off, but because when he has it on, I feel like it's really difficult to snuggle up to him. There is about a 1/4 inch of plastic and 1 inch of foam in between us, and it makes it hard to find a spot to nuzzle or kiss. I find that I'm already missing the smell of his hair. So I'll just keep reminding myself that when we're all through, this will have worked and progress will have been made. And in 3 months, his hair will still smell great on top of his symmetrical head.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry it's been hard. You have the right attitude, but it's easier said than done. Give him lots of snuggles, and just really treasure that hour he has it off. 3 months will go by faster than you think...at least I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...you don't think about those kind of things until it happens. I'm sorry. Just know that you are doing the best for him and he really won't remember this as much as you will. I'm sure bath time has become a wonderful bonding time - enjoy those times!

    ReplyDelete